Behaviour is communication!
36 behaviours - hundreds of approaches / actions to help your child thrive
The Reach4CARE Awareness & Behaviour App gives adoptive parents, foster carers and guardians of children and adolescents an Attachment Aware, Trauma Informed approach to some of the behavioural challenges which may arise at home, out and about, and at school
Behaviour communicates … something. But what?
- This is an App which helps you think about the needs which might lie behind your child’s behaviour and ways of relating to people, activities and tasks
- It gives you insight into their potential pattern of attachment and relationship, and helps you think about how to help them feel safe at home and at school
- It provides a wide-range of instantly usable, highly practical ideas and approaches to try out, all building on your relationship with your child and sound, neuroscientifically based principles
Behaviour is Communication
We all need secure Attachment relationships to thrive
Children need our Responsiveness to help them feel safe
Empathy, for children, other adults and ourselves, is key
Some of the suggestions may help you as your child’s parent or carer think about the kind of support you might need, and where to find it. You’ll also find lots of ideas to share with your child’s school, helping you build an effective home-school partnership
Reach4CARE draws on Worth Publishing's unique reputation for practical books on understanding relationships and behaviour. All the suggestions/actions proposed are attachment aware and trauma informed, an approach underpinned by the Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) research project published in the USA in 2014 and generally accepted as a sound evidence base in the UK.
Reach4CARE is a web APP (accessed via the internet). Once purchased you will have unlimited access.
This APP will enable:
- Deeper understanding of the different insecurities that may be driving your child’s behaviour
- Increased confidence in parenting your child drawing on an attachment aware, trauma informed approach
- More children and adolescents to be able to settle into and enjoy family life
- A more peaceful and happy home environment, less stressed parents and carers!
- You as the parent or carer to build the home-school partnership, as a great way to enable your child to feel as safe in school as they do at home, and to thrive there
Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer (version 11 only).
iOS Safari 10 (and up), Chrome, Samsung Internet.
*We currently support the latest two versions of all browsers listed above, unless otherwise noted.
Understanding and working with different attachment styles (£90 incl UK VAT)
A course for if you, or a colleague, have basic or no understanding of attachment and identifying different adolescent attachment styles, or want a refresher. This course also offers varied practical advice to help your relationships flourish.
An attachment perspective on working with young asylum seekers and refugees (£185 incl UK VAT)
This course provides in-depth understanding of deep trauma and loss experienced by children and young people seeking asylum in the UK who are separated from family. Learn how to help a child who is dealing with that loss whilst learning to live here.